Uncle Dibbz Fried Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken (4-5lbs)
- 4-6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 gallon peanut oil
- 2 quarts buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of Hot Sauce
- Uncle Dibbz Durtty Bird Rub
- Uncle Dibbz Top of the Line Brine
- Clean chicken and soak in a brine solution of 1 liter of water and 1 cup of Uncle Dibbz Top of the Line Brine. Allow your chicken to soak in the brine for 4 hours or overnight.
- After brining, rinse brine solution off of your chicken and dry with paper towels.
- Part out the chicken as the video shows (or just buy the chicken already parted from the store) and place in a large bowl.
- Add buttermilk, hot sauce and 1 cup of Uncle Dibbz Durtty Bird Rub and soak chicken for about 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl or deep baking dish, add flour and Uncle Dibbz Durtty Bird Rub. Season to taste.
- Add chicken in batches and coat evenly in flour. Place on a wire rack or sheet pan for at least 15 minutes to allow the breading to adhere to the chicken.
- Heat oil up to 350 degrees and fry in batches (2-3 pieces at a time). Wings will take about 10 minutes and the larger pieces could take up to 16 minutes depending on the size.
- White meat is done at 165-170 internal temp and dark meat is best taken up to 175-180 degrees.
I ordered the salt free seasoning to make the best soup. I want to make the fried chicken. Although the reasoning are reasonable the shipping makes it too expensive. Can’t you put in local stores or Amazon. I love your seasoning but sometimes the website doesn’t work and shipping and handling makes them too expensive.