Sunday Pot Roast
• 3-5 pound beef roast
• 1/2 cup of Uncle Dibbz Texas Steak Rub
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 6 cloves minced garlic
• 1-2 cups red wine
• 2 cups low sodium beef broth
• ¼ cup soy sauce
• 2 white onions, cut into 2 inch chunks
• 1 pound baby carrots
• 1 pound red potatoes, cut into bite sized chunks
• 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Get a large oven safe dutch oven pot heating over high heat.
- Season both sides of chuck roast with Uncle Dibbz Texas Steak Rub. Add vegetable oil to pot and sear roast until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Remove roast from pan and set aside briefly on a plate or cutting board. Add garlic to pot and saute 60 seconds. Deglaze pan with red wine and beef broth. Add roast back to the pot.
- Pour soy sauce over roast and place the onion chunks, carrots, and potatoes on top of and around the meat. Place rosemary sprig on top.
- Place a lid on the pan and transfer it to the preheated 350 degree oven. Cook 2-3 hours, or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 202 degrees F and shreds easily with a fork. Season vegetables with additional Uncle Dibbz Texas Steak Rub to taste and serve hot.