Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups macaroni (elbow), uncooked. (equal to 1/2 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups milk
- Uncle Dibbz King Creole Blend (to taste)
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of pepper jack cheese, shredded
Dibbz tip: Shred the cheese from a block. It will melt and taste much better than packaged shredded cheese.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the macaroni. Bring back up to a boil and cook according to package instructions. Drain once cooked to al dente.
While the pasta cooks, melt butter in a large pot over low heat. Once melted stir in the flour. Continue to stir for 1-2 minutes to create a roux. Season the roux with Uncle Dibbz King Creole Blend. Once well combined add milk in, stirring continuously.
Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Gradually sprinkle in the cheese. Stir continuously until smooth and combined. Add the drained macaroni and stir to combine. That's good Shawty!