- 4 to 5 pounds beef oxtails, about 6-8 pieces
- 1/2 cup of Uncle Dibbz Texas Steak Rub
- 1/2 cup of Uncle Dibbz Jerk Nice Spice
- 1 to 2 logs of oak (post) wood
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup of green onion
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 2 twigs of thyme
- 2 scotch bonnet or habanero peppers
- Preheat smoker to 275 degrees.
- Add oak wood to hot coals for smoking.
- Oil then season oxtails with Uncle Dibbz Texas Steak Rub and Uncle Dibbz Jerk Nice Spice on all sides.
- Place oxtails in smoker and smoke for 4.5 hours or until the outside develops a dark brown color. Remove oxtails from smoker once done.
- Heat olive oil in a large braising dish over medium heat. Sear oxtails for 2-3 minutes on both sides and remove.
- Pour beef broth in the dish and scrape and bits of oxtail from the bottom.
- Add onions, carrots, and garlic, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add back the oxtails
- Add red wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add habanero or scotch bonnet peppers and thyme and cover.
- Simmer on low for 4 hours flipping oxtails once every hour.
- Serve with rice and peas (red beans).