Roasted Turkey in a Bag
@uncledibbz Easy Turkey in a BAG! 🦃 This is the hack to JUICY turkey - it’s all in the bag! Lock in those flavors and moisture for a fall-off-the-bone bird. 🔥 Get my recipe below ⬇️ or on uncledibbz.com [Link in Bio] 🌐 Ingredients: • 1 whole turkey (12-16 pounds), thawed • 3-4 tablespoons of Uncle Dibbz Durtty Bird Rub [link in bio] • 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour • 2 large onions, chopped • 4 celery stalks, chopped • 2 large carrots, chopped • 1 large oven bag suitable for turkeys Instructions: 1. Preheat the Oven: Set your oven to 350°F (175°C). 2. Prep the Turkey: Remove giblets and neck from the turkey. Pat dry with paper towels. 3. Season: Mix Uncle Dibbz Durtty Bird Rub with olive oil or butter. Rub the mixture all over the turkey, under the skin, and inside the cavity. 4. Bag Prep: Add flour to the roasting bag. Shake to coat the inside. This prevents sticking and helps in gravy preparation. 5. Add Veggies: Put chopped onions, celery, and carrots in the bag. These will infuse the turkey with extra flavor and moisture. 6. Bag the Turkey: Place your turkey inside the bag on top of the veggies. Seal the bag and puncture a few holes on top for steam release. 7. Roast: Place the bagged turkey in a roasting pan. Cook for approximately 13 to 15 minutes per pound. For a 12-16 pound turkey, this means about 2.5 to 4 hours. 8. Check and Rest: The turkey is done when an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) is reached in the thickest part. Let it rest in the bag for about 20 minutes before carving. #UncleDibbz #ThatsGoodShawty #ThanksgivingFeast #TurkeyTime #JuicyTurkey #easycooking #ThanksgivingTurkey #Roasted #HolidayCooking #TurkeyDay #GobbleGobble #kitchenhacks #FeastMode #FamilyDinner #HomeChef #easyrecipe #Turkey #Fyp #Foryou #Viral ♬ original sound - Uncle Dibbz 🍴
- 1 whole turkey (12-16 pounds), thawed
- 3-4 tablespoons Uncle Dibbz Durtty Bird Rub
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large onions, quartered
- Fresh herbs for cavity (Sage, lemon, onion, garlic, rosemary and thyme)
- 4 celery stalks, cut into large pieces
- 2 large carrots, cut into large pieces
- 1 roasting bag suitable for a turkey
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare Turkey: Remove giblets and neck from the turkey, if included. Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Make Seasoning Paste: In a small bowl, combine Uncle Dibbz Durtty Bird Rub with olive oil or melted butter to form a paste. Rub this mixture all over the turkey, under the skin, and inside the cavity. Add Sage, lemon, onion, garlic, rosemary and thyme to cavity and tie legs together with butchers twine.
- Prepare Roasting Bag: Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour into the roasting bag. Hold the bag closed and shake it to distribute the flour evenly.
- Add Vegetables: Place the quartered onions, celery, and carrot pieces into the bag and shake gently to mix with the flour.
- Add the Turkey: Place the turkey in the bag on top of the vegetables. Seal the bag with its tie and make a few small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Roast the Turkey: Put the turkey in the roasting bag into a roasting pan and cook in the preheated oven. Roast for about 13 to 15 minutes per pound. The cooking time will range from approximately 2 hours and 36 minutes to 4 hours.
- Check for Doneness: The turkey is done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F (74°C).
- Resting: Once cooked, remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest in the bag for about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve: Carefully remove the turkey from the bag, place it on a serving platter, and carve. The vegetables and juices in the bag can be used to make gravy. That's good Shawty!
*Adding flour to the bag not only prevents sticking but also combines with the turkey juices and vegetable flavors, creating a perfect base for a rich gravy.*Fill turkey cavity with fresh sage, lemon, onion, garlic, rosemary and thyme.