Lime Chicken Beans and Rice
- 4 chicken legs
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 lime
- Uncle Dibbz Straight Drop Rub (to taste)
- Season both sides of the chicken legs with Uncle Dibbz Straight Drop Rub.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and place the chicken skin side down for about 5 minutes or until skin is golden brown. Flip the chicken and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and add the onions and cook until they’re translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir to coat in the oil and onions, and toast for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic then pour in the chicken stock and place the chicken on top of the rice. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and add in the cilantro, drained black beans, and the juice of one lime. Mix until well-incorporated.
- Serve the chicken over rice and garnish with cilantro. That's good Shawty!
From Oakland Ca,