Jerk BBQ Ribs
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 scotch bonnet or habanero pepper
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces*
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of Uncle Dibbz Jerk Nice Spice
- 3-4 lbs pork spare ribs
- 1/2 cup of yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
Place all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Reserve 1 cup for basting and pour the rest into a small bowl.
Removing the back membrane then then use mustard as a binder on the back of the ribs. Season with Uncle Dibbz Jerk Nice Spice. Repeat for top side of the ribs.
Set up the grill and preheat to 275°F.
Using indirect heat, place ribs bone side down, meaty side up directly on the grill. Cover the grill and and cook the ribs for 3 hours. You want the ribs to have an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Using heavy duty foil, place 4 square cuts of butter, honey, apple cider vinegar and the jerk marinade.
Remove the ribs from the grill and place on top of foil and wrap. Rest for 1 hour, then cut the ribs separately and serve withe the jerk marinade.
For the Oven
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Place the ribs, bone side down, on top of a wire rack set in an aluminum foil lined baking tray and roast for 2 1/2 to 3 hours for spare ribs. H
Using heavy duty foil, place 4 square cuts of butter, honey, apple cider vinegar and the jerk marinade.
Remove the ribs from the oven and place on top of the foil and wrap then finish cooking in the oven for remaining time. Cut the ribs separately and serve with the jerk marinade.