Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 peeled carrots, diced
- Uncle Dibbz Durtty Bird Rub, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup flour
- 64oz of chicken stock
- 2-3 bay leaves
1 – 16.3oz can of refrigerated biscuits
1 whole roasted chicken, pulled apart, about 3 cups
4oz of heavy cream
- parsley for garnish
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat.
Add onion, celery and carrots, season with Uncle Dibbz Durtty Bird Rub. Sauté over medium heat to soften, about 5 mins.
Add garlic, stir and cook for 1 more minute .
- Sprinkle in flour to make a roux. Cook, stirring constantly for five minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock, stirring to dissolve roux. Raise the heat and bring to a simmer to thicken.
Add bay leaves. Cover and simmer over medium low heat for 1hr.
- On a flat surface sprinkle some flour. Open canned biscuits, and separate them on the floured surface. Press to flatten and tear or cut them into the size dumplings you like. Drop them into simmering mixture, stirring occasionally. Cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Stir pulled chicken into simmering mixture just to heat through.
Stir in heavy cream.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. That's good Shawty!