Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- 1.5 of chicken legs
- 1 cup of Uncle Dibbz Durtty Bird Rub
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup corn starch
- Place your chicken in a mixing bowl.
Season the chicken with 3/4 cup of Uncle Dibbz Durtty Bird Rub. Mix well and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add the butter milk, remaining Uncle Dibbz Durtty Bird Rub, 2 bay leaves and mix well. Add the spice coated chicken to the butter milk, cover, refrigerate and marinate overnight or a minimum of 2 or overnight.
- Next, remove the chicken from the fridge. Preheat your oven to a temperature of 375°F.
- While the oven is heating, add your leftover spice mix to a mixing bowl along with the all-purpose flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Mix well.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the butter milk, then coat in egg mixture and place in flour coating one at a time. Repeat process until each piece has been coated in flour mix.
- Place the chicken pieces over a wire rack placed over a sheet pan. Leave them to rest 5 minutes until the flour is absorbed from the chicken moisture.
- Place in oven and bake for approx 45 minutes at 375°F, Use a meat thermometer to be sure chicken is cooked to 165°F. That's good Shawty!