Bayou Pasta Bowl
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage (pork or chicken) halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 bonless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion halved and sliced
- 1 red and green bell pepper sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
1 pound of fettuccine pasta or similar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of Uncle Dibbz King Creole Blend (No salt or Original)
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- Freshly chopped green onion for garnish
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and season with 1/4 cup ofUncle Dibbz King Creole Blend and cook for 2-3 minutes to sear slightly. Then add the sausage and cook.
Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the sliced peppers, garlic and remaming Uncle Dibbz King Creole Blend. Continue to cook and stir for another 3-5 minutes until onions have softened and peppers are tender-crisp.
Add the uncooked pasta and chicken broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low, simmering until the pasta is al dente and about 10 mins. (Stir every 2 mins)
Add the heavy cream. Cook and stir until slightly thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
Serve with additional Parmesan cheese and chopped green onion sprinkled on top. That's good Shawty!